Thanks to all our Volunteers
This past year the community has undergone a great deal of transition; we wouldn’t be where we are today without the passion, energy, and professional commitment of our volunteers worldwide. Making the leap beyond Grameen Foundation to being community-led could have been a trying ordeal but we’ve persevered thanks to your hard work. Each member of our community should feel honored to know that when called to lead, you answered above and beyond all expectations. Across all fronts from product feedback to peer support to platform development – the engagement and interaction amongst the community has been astounding. Keep up the great work as we’ve got a demanding 2012 ahead of us.
Get Involved – a Call to Action
Growing our Organization and Community
- Digital Community Intern: We need to stimulate interaction within our community and grow our movement across the general public. We’re seeking a bright and visionary individual that can not only develop a strategy for online and social media engagement but also is ready to get down in the details of making this strategy come to life.
- Product Marketing Manager: Mifos is cutting edge mission-critical technology for a userbase that is diverse and demanding in their needs. We’re seeking a seasoned individual to help us position Mifos at a global level and help our Specialists tailor a value proposition that is uniquely tied to their local market.
- Fundraising Coordinator: To power the core team and maintain the tools and resources to keep collaboration flowing in the community, we need help developing and implementing our fundraising strategy. We’re looking for experienced and energized individuals to help build our donor pipeline, bring in foundational grants, and initiative a comprehensive online giving strategy that helps
- Volunteer Coordinator: For us to scale, we need to both grow and deepen the footprint of our volunteers. We’re seeking an individual to help us identify, engage, and strengthen our relationships with volunteers. You will coordinate community members and match up needs with the available skillsets.
Sustaining the Platform and Community
Head on over to the Contributor Kickstart page for how to get your development environment set up. Read on below for how to get involved.
- Fix bugs: First time coming here? This is how you get your feet wet. This list of bugs is a great place to start for new volunteers.
- Build new features: We’re connected to the MFIs using our software to serve the poor. They regularly tell us what they need and it makes its way into our Feature Requests pipeline. Look at what’s been requested and take on a project that suits your liking.
- Testing: Lukasz and the QA team are always in need of help – they’ll never turn down a bug report so get plugging away at the software and find those bugs!
Product Management and Documentation:
- Write Functional Specifications: Chetan and product management team would love your help in taking the suggestions and feedback of our users and writing these up as functional requirements documents that lay out how our developers should build these features.
- Documentation: Both technical and non-technical, our community needs documentation to know what to do and how to do it. Want to help users? Update our user manual as new features get released. Want to help new contributors come on board? We’re hosting a documentation sprint soon – let us know what we need to fix or better yet fix it on your own
- Case Studies: The best way for us to educate others on how to get the most value out of Mifos is by example. We need to shine the light on experiences of others successfully using Mifos – you’ll get to interact directly with these MFIs to tell their Mifos story to the world.